Colorado Community Media welcomes letters to the editor. Please keep in mind the following rules:
• Submit your letter in a Word document or in the body of an email. No PDFs, please.
• Letters must be limited to 250 words or fewer.
• Do not use all caps, italics or bold text.
• Keep it polite: Do not resort to name calling or “mud slinging.”
• If you are writing a letter regarding a candidate or issue related to the November election, you may only have one letter on the candidate or issue published between now and the Nov. 6 election.
• Include a source — and a link to that source — for any information that is not common knowledge. We will not publish information that cannot easily be verified.
• If you quote a person, we must be able to easily verify that he or she said what you state they said. That means the quote must have been published, stated during a public meeting or found on video.
• Only submit ideas and opinions that are your own — and in your own words. We will not publish any letter that is clearly part of a letter-writing campaign.
• Letters may be edited for clarity, grammar, punctuation and length.
• Letters will not be published from the same writer on consecutive weeks.
• Submit your letter by 5 p.m. on Friday in order for it to appear in the following week’s newspaper.
• Include your full name, address and phone number. We will publish only your name and city or town of residence, but all of the information requested is needed for us to verify you are who you say you are.
• Email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, and we look forward to your letters.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.